Head of Productization
Innovating for energy conversion since 1934, CE+T Power has achieved worldwide recognition in its field by supplying the world’s top modular power converter solutions with the most compact and efficient technologies. Our fields of expertise are energy storage, smart grid and critical backup power solutions and related controllers.
CE+T Power seeks for a Head of Productization to reinforce its R&D department. If your keywords are trust, community, autonomy, responsibility and effectiveness, you can make this quest yours.
Summary of the role
The Head of Productization is a leadership role accountable for productization knowledge, resources and assets required for the successful delivery of CE+T Power product designs. On the one hand, productization encompasses design for manufacturing, validation, certification and production process development among others. On the other hand, CE+T Power belong to the fields of power electronics, operational technology and system integration. Managing the Productization competency center, a team of engineers and technicians, the Head of Productization and his team contribute to Product Development projects to this extent.
He will work closely and among others with the Heads of the other R&D competency centers, accountable for product development, and their team, the Production Managers of CE+T production premises, the Quality Director and his team, and the Head of Engineering and his team.
Main responsibilities and duties
Your activities belong to R&D activities related to CE+T Power products, power electronics converters AC/DC and DC/AC low voltage up to 600VDC / 600VAC (Rectifier, Inverter, DC/DC converter), Operational Technology (OT) controllers monitoring and controlling CE+T Power and third-party equipment and integrated energy systems.
In other words, the Head of Productization will :
- Be accountable for design-for-manufacturing, validation, certification and production process development activities of CE+T products
- Coordinate with the Certification technical advisor to build this key knowledge and organize precompliance testing activities in particular
- Coordinate and grow the Productization teams in Europe (Belgium and Luxemburg) and India (Chennai), in close collaboration with the local Indian team manager
- Contribute to new project investigations upon Product Owners request :
- From functional specifications to rough cut capacity planning through project classification as member of the Project Classification Committee
- With a specific attention on risk analysis for rationale production test equipment development
- Be accountable for provisioning timely appropriate productization skills and resources to Product Development Project Managers, for the definition phase in particular (design-for-manufacturing constraints)
- Be responsible for productization assets, test equipment in particular
- Contribute to continuous improvement of development project management with the other R&D team managers :
- Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage and provide progress on all product development activities
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization
- Drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the R&D teams
- Work effectively with appropriate CE+T Power and CE+T Group stakeholders, Production teams for production process development in particular
- Research the internal and external environment, and where appropriate identify and recommend internal resources or external partners for the delivery of best in class technologies suitable for CE+T Power applications
- Foster knowledge sharing of CE+T Power products features and usage across CE+T Group
- Be responsible for his own work planning against objectives set in agreement with the Chief Technology Officer
- You hold a master’s degree in electrical, electronics, or electromechanical engineering with 10+ years of experience in an industrial environment.
- You have 3+ years of experience in a team management position or equivalent. As a natural leader, you care for the people of your team.
- You are dynamic, flexible, self-motivated, rigorous, well organized and good communicator.
- You have knowledge of power electronics, industrial controllers, power systems or energy management is a plus.
- You are knowledgeable with either:
- Cost optimizations and risk analyses,
- Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA),
- Electrical, environmental or functional validation,
- Safety, EMC, environmental or grid interaction standards
- Industrial products assembly, programming or testing.
- You speak fluently English and French. Other languages are a plus.
- As part of your role, you will occasionally travel to visit our subsidiaries (Belgium, India, China and United Sates) or customers in Europe, United Stated, Asia or Australia.
What CE+T Power offers
- Working with a leader of the market in critical backup and energy management, active in the energy transition
- Passion and progress
- Autonomy and continuous innovation
- Learning for your and our success
- An attractive package including extra-legal advantages