Head of Software Development
Innovating for energy conversion since 1934, CE+T Power has achieved worldwide recognition in its field by supplying the world’s top modular power converter solutions with the most compact and efficient technologies. Our fields of expertise are energy storage, smart grid and critical backup power solutions and related controllers.
CE+T Power seeks for a Head of Software Development to reinforce its R&D department. If your keywords are trust, community, autonomy, responsibility and effectiveness, you can make this quest yours.
Summary of the role
The Head of Software Development is a leadership role accountable for software development knowledge, resources and assets required for the successful delivery of CE+T Power product designs. These products belong to the fields of power electronics, operational technology and system integration. Managing the Software Development competency center, a team of software developers and engineers knowledgeable about related competencies, the Head of Software Development and his team contribute to Product Development projects to this extent. He will work closely and among others with the Head of Product Management and his team, the Heads of the other R&D competency centers, accountable for product development or productization, and their team, the Head of Engineering and his team and the Head of Services and his team.
Main responsibilities and duties
Your activities belong to R&D activities related to CE+T Power products, power electronics converters AC/DC and DC/AC low voltage up to 600VDC / 600VAC (Rectifier, Inverter, DC/DC converter), Operational Technology (OT) controllers monitoring and controlling CE+T Power and third-party equipment and integrated energy systems.
In other words, the Head of Software Development will :
- Be responsible for software development activities of CE+T products
- Coordinate and grow the Software Development teams in Europe (Belgium), India (Bangalore) and United States, in close collaboration with the local Indian team manager
- Contribute to new project investigations upon Product Owners request, from functional specifications to rough cut capacity planning through project classification as member of the Project Classification Committee
- Be accountable for provisioning timely appropriate software development skills and resources to Product Development Project Managers
- Be in charge of software development assets, software supporting software development process in particular (e.g., Atlassian software suite, Confluence, Jira and Git among others)
- Contribute to continuous improvement of development project management with the other R&D team managers
- Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage and provide progress on all product development activities
- Ensure technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization
- Drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the R&D teams
- Work effectively with appropriate CE+T Power and CE+T Group stakeholders, Product Management for roadmap and new project investigations in particular
- Research the internal and external environment
- Identify and recommend, where appropriate, internal resources or external partners for the delivery of best in class technologies suitable for CE+T Power applications
- Foster knowledge sharing of CE+T Power products features and usage across CE+T Group
- Be responsible for his own work planning against objectives set in agreement with the Chief Technology Officer
- You hold a master’s degree in computer, electrical, or electronics engineering with 10+ years of experience in an industrial environment.
- You have 3+ years of experience in a team management position or equivalent. As a natural leader, you care for the people of your team.
- You are dynamic, flexible, self-motivated, rigorous, well organized and good communicator.
- You are knowledgeable with programming and scripting languages, embedded C, C++, C# FullStack .NET, Python, LUA or Qt.
- Having experience in embedded system programming, e.g., on STM32 or IMX6/8 platforms, with FreeRTOS or Linux operating systems, is a plus.
- Having knowledge of Power Electronics Control, Infrastructure Control, Power Management or Energy Management is a plus.
- Having experience with communication protocols such as CAN bus, CANOpen, RS485, Modbus, SNMP, IEC61850, I2C or SPI is a plus.
- You speak fluently English and French. Other languages are a plus.
- As part of your role, you will occasionally travel to visit our subsidiaries (Belgium, India, China and United Sates) or customers in Europe, United Stated, Asia or Australia.
What CE+T Power offers
- Working with a leader of the market in critical backup and energy management, active in the energy transition
- Passion and progress
- Autonomy and continuous innovation
- Learning for your and our success
- An attractive package including extra-legal advantages